Nominations are ongoing during the year. Please download the Nomination Form and submit along with supplemental material by January 15th, 2018.
Making The Decision
Nominations are reviewed very carefully by a committee comprised of individuals at the Women's History Museum, San Diego State University Women's Studies, Univeristy of California San Diego's Women's Center, The Commission on the Status of Women, and others. If you would like to be a part of this process, please call us, or send us an e-mail. A nomination must be in by January 15th of each year to be considered. Download form here. Print out, fill in and mail to us at 2730 Historic Decatur Rd., #103, San Diego, CA 92106 OR use the online fill-in form here.
Inductees are separated by the following five categories:
- Trailblazer: Women who have paved the way for other women, or who were first in their fields.
- Empowerer: Women who have significantly improved the lives of women in San Diego.
- Activist: Women who have created structural change--and shifted our way of thinking and doing-- to better women's lives.
- Cultural Competent: Women who are multi-culturally competent and involved in building bridges, coalitions and understanding within the communities of San Diego.
- Historian: Women who have kept their culture and history alive within the community thereby contributing to the maintenance and integrity of the community.